The RHS Flower Show Tatton Park was first held in 1999 and has welcomed thousands of visitors through the gates for the past 17 years. Renowned for its friendly atmosphere, many of the original features of the show, such as the RHS National Flower Bed Competition, Show Gardens and Floral Marquee still remain today. Over the years the RHS has introduced different garden categories and features such as the RHS National Young Designer Competition in 2009, a themed category that changes annually which has included Orchestra Gardens and Galaxy Gardens and a Ladies’ Day in 2011. These additions have made Tatton Park a show that relishes fresh ideas and innovation. Community organisations have also played a large part in the show’s identity with charities, schools, local authorities and prisons being involved every year.
- Area of show ground: 28 acres (11ha)
- Time to put the show up: 3 weeks; time to take it down: 10 days
- Number of visitors: 80,000
- Number of exhibitors at first show: 340
- During show week visitors consume, on average, 14,397 cups of tea, 36,483 cups of coffee, 305 Champagne bottles, 13,866 Pimm’s glasses, 3,508 fish & chips and 6,653 pork rolls
- Children under 16 can visit for free with an accompanying adult